Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sleepless in Austria

Today the hikers converged. After a relatively easy journey, Garrett and Dione have joined the Andrades in Austria. Now more than 24 hours without sleep (as prescribed by Rob and Petra for an expedient time zone transition), I am currently void of wit and vigor. Actually I am feeling dilusional. I am seeing rain and flys where they do not exist. However, with the five cappuccinos that are currently fueling me, I can tell you that I am overwhelmed by the beauty and tranquility of both the Austrian and Swiss countryside. It was about 84 degree this afternoon as we joined the senior citizen club in festival in Jerzens where we had bratwurst and radler (many). Now we are watching the cup between Germany and Uruguay for 3rd place. Go Germany! Time for some Weiner Schnitzel and I hope they will not hold me hostage from my bed for too much longer. We are grateful to be here. Dione reporting. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment