Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Iceman Cometh

We left the hut this morning, and instead of heading straight down the mountain, we opted to climb to the spot where Oetzi the icman was found. We had to do a good deal of scrambling up rocks, and treked across a glacier for a while before getting to Oetzi's glacier. He was found after a 5000 year repose about 15 meters inside Italian territory. He, unlike the iceman in the movie, is dead now, and resides Ina glass refrigerator in Bozen, Italy.

We spent another hour going through a snow field, and as I was sporting my sexiest look, tall gaiters with surf trunks, my feet stayed bone dry (thanks for the tip, Matt), but The added benefit was that the chicks dug it. So at least I have that going for me.

The landscape was otherworldly, and the fact that I had never even considered cutting tracks across a glacier, I chalked it up as a super duper experience; Pera agrees.

After we got out of the snow and glaciers, we spent the next few hours heading steadily into the valley, where we will watch the Germany vs Spain game tonight.

That is all. Rob reporting from Vent, Austria.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bobby.

    Spain is going to win tonight. Paul the octopus says so.
    Plus you jinxed Germany by running with the bulls last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little jealous about this one.

    ReplyDelete